Urine Analysis: Part 23 – Urine 24 hours Collection With Instructions
Please provide the following written instructions to the patient for the collection of 24 hours of urine collection.
- A complete and accurate collection must be made to evaluate the required test on 24 hours urine sample properly.
- Drink fewer fluids during the collection time unless advised by the doctor.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks.
Procedure to follow:
- Empty the urinary bladder when you get up in the morning.
- Note the time …………… and date ………..
- Discard this urine sample.
- Now add the first urine sample to the container.
- Now onward, collect the urine in a clean bottle or container.
- Collect all the urine passed in the day and night.
- Make the final collection of the urine at the same time.
- Note the time, which will be the same………….. and date (after 24 hours) …………..
- Empty your bladder in the container (last moment urine sample).
- Keep the urine in the refrigerator and, if possible, bring it to the laboratory as soon as possible after the collection.
- There may need to add the chemical like hydrochloric acid or boric acid in some of the test.
Normal urine picture:
|Physical features||Chemical features||Microscopic findings|