Urine Part 23 :- Urine 24 hours Collection With Instructions
Please provide the following written instructions to the patient for the collection of 24 hours of urine collection.
- For the proper evaluation of the required test on 24 hours urine sample, it is important that a complete and accurate collection is made.
- Drink fewer fluids during the collection time unless advised by the doctor.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks.
Procedure to follow:
- Empty the urinary bladder when you get up in the morning.
- Note the time …………… and date ………..
- Discard this urine sample (first urine sample at the time started the collection of the urine).
- Now onward collect the urine in a clean bottle or container.
- Collect all the urine passed in the day and night.
- Make the final collection of the urine at the same time.
- Note the time which will be the same hours ………….. and date …………..
- Empty your bladder in the container (last moment urine sample).
Keep the urine in the refrigerator and if possible bring it to the laboratory as soon as possible after the collection.
In some of the test, there may need to add the chemical like hydrochloric acid or boric acid.