Salt consumption is safe for health
Source = McMaster University
Science daily dated August 9, 2018
- New research shows that sodium salt taken in moderation does not cause a health problem in comparison to the excess use of salt.
- There is a risk if using more than 5 grams or 2 teaspoons of salt a day.
- The research shows that if people taking more fruits, vegetables, potatoes, and potassium-rich foods will eliminate the effect of salt used on the people who are in the risk group.
- The study was published in the Lancet.
- This study included 94,000 people from different countries with the age range of 35 years to 70 years for around 8 years. It was found that an associated risk of cardiovascular diseases and the stroke only seen where the average intake is greater than 5 grams a day.
- These countries took part in the study are, Canada (main researcher), Argentina, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, China, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Iran, Malaysia, Poland, Philippines, Saudia Arabia, Tanzania, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Zimbabwe, and occupied Palestinian territory.