Parasitology, Common Parasites (parasites pictures)
A short review of common Parasites.
- The ova is oval and asymmetric with one side flattened.
- Size is 55 × 26 micrometers.
- Fertile ovum is 60 x 45 micrometers. It has a thick shell and surrounded albuminous covering.
- Infertile ovum is 90 x 40 micrometers. This is surrounded by an irregular albuminous covering.
- Ovum measures 60 to 65 x 40 micrometers. It is oval and has a thin shell.
- Usually, the embryo is at the four-cell stage
- The ovum size is 52 x 23 micrometers. It is barrel-shaped with distinctive ends.
- Trophozoite form measure 12 to 15 micrometer. It is pyriform and has two nuclei.
- Trophozoite unstained shows progressive motility like falling tree leaf.
- Trophozoite stained shows nuclei in the area of sucking disc.
- There are two median bodies posterior to the disc.
- Cysts unstained are ovoid in shape,
- Stained cysts show 4 nuclei and four median bodies.