Nutrients needed in the diet.
Calcium More Than Strong Bones
- Calcium is needed for the strong bones.It is needed for the teeth and bones.
- Calcium helps maintain muscle function and heart rhythm.
- It may help to prevent high blood pressure.
- Source of Calcium :
- Dairy products.
- Fish like salmon and kale.
- Vegetable like broccoli.
- For the absorption of calcium , Vit.D is needed.
- Vit.C also boost immune system.
- It boosts the growth of bone and tissue.
- Some studies suggest that Vit.C can shorten the duration of symptoms of cold.
- As an antioxidant, it might also help protect cells from damage
- Vit.C is found in :
- Many fruits.
- The food rich in fiber is needed for good functioning of GI tract.
- Fiber producing food has lot of health benefits.
- It helps lower cholesterol and improve bowel regularity.
- It might lower the risk of :
- Heart disease.
- Some cancers.
- High-fiber foods are often filling and low in calories.
- Food rich in fibers are :
- Grains, beans,
- Fiber supplements may, however, decrease the absorption of medications. and supplements.
(Source modified from webMD)