Hepatitis B Virus – Part 3 – Anti-HBS Screening (for blood donor and Population), HBV
- This test is done on the serum of the patient.
- How to get good serum: Take 3 to 5 ml of blood in the disposable syringe or in vacutainer. Keep the syringe for 15 to 30 minutes at 37 °C and then centrifuge for 2 to 4 minutes to get the clear serum.
- For screening of the population.
- For screening of the blood donor.
The significance of anti-HBs screening:
- Anti-HBS level gives the immune status of the person. When positive tell that the person has immunity to this infection.
- This test is good for the screening of the donors and for vaccination of the person.