Hepatitis B Virus – Part 2 – Surface Antigen (HbS) by ELISA, Australia antigen, HBV
- This test is done on the serum of the patient.
- ELIZA is more sensitive and specific than the screening method for the confirmation of Hepatitis B infection.
The significance of Hbs antigen:
- Hbs antigen is done for the screening of donors’ blood.
- This will give the status of the carrier.
- This will be positive in the acute or chronic state.
- It appears in 4 to 12 weeks and disappears in 1 to 3 months.
Please see more details on viral hepatitis B markers or profiles