These lymphomas are never nodular.
These are more aggressive lymphomas.
Majority become leukemic.
- Age: Usually these lymphoma starts at 7 years.
- Site: Common site is Jaws (mandible and maxilla).
- EBV is associated in 98% of the cases.
- EBV antibodies are seen in 100% of the cases.
- Child when develop after the age of 13 years have poor prognosis then the younger patients.
- This is seen in 60% of the childhood lymphomas.
- Age: Median age is 34 years. While it can be seen from 10 to 70 years of age.
- Sex: male to female ratio is same.
- Sites: This can be seen in lymph nodes, bone marrow, central nervous system, gastrointestinal system, liver and ovaries.
- Histology: There is infiltrate of pleomorphic cells.
- Majority are small non-cleaved cells.
- There is less repose to treatment.
- These lymphomas are treated aggressively like large cell lymphoma.