Dr. Riaz Ahmad Bhutta is the leading Consultant Pathologist. For his complete resume please click here.
Research, Music and Sports
- Diplomat Board in Clinical and Histopathology, 1976 – 1980, Pahlavi University, Medical School, Shiraz, Iran
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology (D. C. P.), 1975 – 1976, Punjab University, Post Graduate Institute, Lahore Pakistan
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (M. B. B. S.), 1965 – 1970, Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.), 1963 – 1965, Government Degree College, Multan, Pakistan
- Faculty of Science (F. Sc.), 1961 – 1963, Government Degree College, Multan, Pakistan
Degree College Multan, Pakistan
- Football Color & Team Captain
Nishtar Medical College, Multan Pakistan
- Football Color, Best Athlete
- Best Athlete 1967 – 1970
- Best performance in athletics 1969-1970
- Captain of athletics club 1967-1970
- College color in football in 1968-1969
Punjab University, Lahore Pakistan
- Honor certificate in football
- 9th Annual Pakistan Association of Pathology Conference
- 6th Annual Scientific Seminar 25th December, 1988
- 22nd National Conference of Pakistan Association of Pathologists 27th, 28th November 1998
- National Conference of Pakistan Association of Pathologists
President, Pakistan Medical Association, Multan (Local Chapter)
September, 2006 – Present
Professor of Pathology & Head of Pathology Department
Multan Medical and Dental College, Multan, Pakistan
March, 2003 – September, 2006
Professor of Pathology
Independent Medical College, Faisalabad, Pakistan
September, 1989 – January, 2003
Associate Professor of Pathology
Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan
March, 1982 – September, 1989
Asst. Professor of Pathology
Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan
March, 1981 – January, 1982
Faculty Member, Asst. Prof of Pathology
Medical School Fassa (Affiliated with Shiraz University)
September, 1980 – March, 1981
Supervisor in Anatomical Pathology
Shiraz University (Former Pahlavi University)
July, 1976 – September, 1980
Resident in Pathology Department
Shiraz University, Shiraz Iran
February, 1976 – July, 1976
Clinical Pathologist (Supervisor)
May, 1974 – February, 1975
Resident Medical Officer
Chest & Tuberculosis Hospital, Lahore Pakistan
March, 1971 – November, 1971
Residency in Pediatric Surgery
- Extensive experience in Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA). Presently doing three to ten FNA procedures daily.
- Practical experience in teaching and surgical pathology since 1982.
- Pakistan Medical Association
- Pakistan Pathologist Association
- Iranian Pathology Society
Author of book
“Elementary Immunology” Published in 2006, ISBN 969-9016-00-0.
- Idiopathic Subclinical Enteropathy in Southern Iran, Haghighi P. Riaz A. Bhutta and Nasr, K; ISRAEL JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, Vol. 15(4) Page 263 – April, 1979
- Gastric Carcinoma in Southern Iran, Comparative Study: A. R. Riaz R. Karjoo, Haghigh, P. Vol. (2) No. 1 – 4, Page 77, 1979 IRANIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
- Pathology of Tonsils and Ademoids; Danishbud, K. and Riaz A. Bhutta; JOURNAL OF EAR, NOSE AND THROAT, Vol. 59 (ii) Page 466 – 67, November, 1980
- Giant Hyperthropic Gastropathy (Menetries Disease); Riaz A. Bhutta and Naheed R., IRANIAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, Vol. 13, No. 1, January, 1986
- Breast Cancer in Multan, Pakistan; JOURNAL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH, Vol. 27, November 3, 1988
- Clinico Patological Exercise (What is your diagnosis), Riaz Ahmad Bhutta, Abrar Ahmed Javed and Iffat Shamsi, PAKISTAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH, Vol. 32, No. 3, 1993, Page 247-248
- Risk Factors Associated with Breast Cancer in Pakistan, Riaz Ahmad Bhutta, Abrar Ahmed Javed and Naheed Afroz, PAKISTAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH, Vol 32, No. 9, 1993. Page 297-299
- Male Breast Cancer in Southern Punjab, Abrar Ahmed Javed, Baqa Jillani, Riaz Ahmad Bhutta et all. PAKISTAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH, Vol. 31, No. 2, 1992
- Cutaneous Leishmaniasis: iso-enzyme characteristics of Leishmania Tropica. THE JOURNAL OF PAKISTAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, Vol. 47, 11th November, 1997, Page 270-273
- Carcinoma Cervix: A retrospective study, Riaz Ahmad Bhutta, Umar Ali Khan, M. Ali Chaudhry and Asad Riaz, JOURNAL OF PAKISTAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, Vol 49, No. 2, February, 1999.
- Chemical Composition of Upper Renal Tract Calculi in Multan, Muhammad Rafiq Anjum, Riaz Ahmad Bhutta et all. JOURNAL OF PAKISTAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, Vol. 50, No. 5, May 2000.
- Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Multan, Sarwat Ayub, Khalid Mahmood and Riaz Ahmad Bhutta, Accepted for publication in JPMA, 2001, vol. 51
- Light Microscopic Appearance of Small Intestinal Mucosa in Prenatal Period – Presented in 9th Pahlavi Medical Congress in Shiraz, Iran, May, 1978.
- Idiopathic/Sub Clinical Entropathy in Southern Iran – Presented at the 12th Congress of International Academy of Pathology, Jeruselum, Israel; September, 1978 in co-operation with Dr. P. Haghighi and Dr. K. Nasr.
- Incidence of Breast Neoplasia in Surgical Biopsies – 4th Annual Scientific Seminar, December 17 – 18, 1986 – Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan.
- Breast Neoplasia in Multan (Revision of 249 cases) – 2nd All Pakistan Cancer Conference, Lahore Pakistan, March 30 – 31, 1987.
- Cancer cases in Multan, 9th Annual Conference of Pakistan Association of Pathologist, September, 1987.
- Cancer cases in Multan – 5th Annual Scientific Seminar, Nishtar Medical College, Multan. December 24 – 25, 1987.
- Cancer in Multan Pakistan, comparison with Shiraz, Iran – 10th Annual Pakistan Association of Pathologist, Abbottabad Pakistan, October 1987.
- Pediatric Age Group Cancers – 4th National Conference Pediatric Surgery, February 26 – 27, 1988.
- Natural History of Breast Neoplasia in Multan – 12th Asia Pacific Pathologist Association and Pakistan Association of Pathologist, Quaid-E-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur Pakistan. December 23 – 27, 1988.
- Breast Neoplasia and Risk Factors, Asian Pacific Federation of Organization for Cancer Research and Control (AP FOCC), Lahore Pakistan, December, 1989.
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology, XIV Annual Conference, Pakistan Association of Pathologist, Quaid-E-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur Pakistan, November, 1990.
- Fine Needle Aspiration of Liver, 10th International Conference of Gastrocuterology, Lahore Pakistan, February 4 – 6, 1993.
- Fine Needle Aspiration of Liver, 3rd International Conference, Pakistan Association of Pathologist, Lahore Pakistan, November 22 – 25, 1991.
- Fine Needle Aspiration of Cutaneous Leishmaneasis, XVI Annual Conference of Pakistan Association of Pathologist, Karachi Pakistan, December 12 – 14, 1992.
Courses and Workshops
- Two weeks workshop on Tissues typing and Monoclonal Antibodies with collaboration of UNDP/WHO/ODA, 26th April – 7th May, 1986, NIH Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Workshop on diagnosis of AIDS with collaboration of WHO at NIH Islamabad, Pakistan, 22nd – 26th November, 1987.
- Two weeks workshop on Fine Needle Aspiration, Biopsy, Cytology and GYN-Cytology by Prof. Qizalbash Manchester University, Canada at Postgraduate Institute, Lahore, Pakistan, 23rd December, 1986.
- Workshop on FNA Cytology, 26 – 27 November, 1991, in the department of Pathology, King Edward Medical College, Lahore, (Coordinator – Dr. Ashraf Ali and M. Akhtar. King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre-Riyadh-Saudi Arabia).
- Workshop on Bone Tumours and Related Conditions concluded by Dr. Jean Pringle, Head of the Department of Morbid Anatomy Royal National Orthopedic Hospital, London and Dr. Robin Reed (Glasgow). The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan, Karachi, Pakistan, 1st – 7th February, 1992.
- Lymph Node Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Rawalpindi Pakistan, 4th – 7th July, 1992.
- WHO workshop on AIDS – NIH Islamabad, Pakistan, December, 1993.
- Workshop on Neuropathology – 2nd – 7th January, 1993 by assistance of National Talent Pool, Government of Pakistan in College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan.
- Workshop on Education Planning and Evaluation, 5th – 7th March, 1996 by College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan.
- Workshop on Evaluation of Clinical Competence, 5th – 29th November, 1996. King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh – Saudi Arabia.
- Current Concepts in Surgical Pathology, Symposium 28th – 29th November, 1996. King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh – Saudi Arabia.
- Completed 14 hours of CME Category I credit, The Ohio State University Office of Health Sciences and its Centre for Continuing Medical Education at the King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, June 1995 to June 1996.