Posted Nov. 11, 2014.
This is very important to protect from low temp. like below 30 F to single digit temperature.
The major risk is frost bite. One can get frost bite with exposure of 10 to 15 minutes or this may be even less time.
This risk of frostbite is more in the old people.To protect from the frost bite you need.
- Dress in layers with clothes.
- Cover your all exposed parts like hands, face , ears and head when ever you have to go out.
- Rehydration is very important because of the heat in the house. For rehydration water is the best source.
Before shovelling the snow , must take following precautions.:
- Layer your clothing to keep your lower back warm.
- Stretch your muscles before heading out into snow.
- Try not to bend at the waist, rather do so through the hips.
- Do not bend the knees more than 90 degrees because this increases stress across the knee joint
- Take frequent breaks during the shovelling.
- If you feel chest pain stop immediately the shoveling and this may be cardiac pain and this is emergency
Back to blog